Monday, August 11, 2008

A Follow-Up on Golf!

Yesterday humbled my little golfing heart. (Now, about two weeks ago, I golfed and experienced some exciting moments. Alas, what a now-distant memory...)

Yes, yesterday, my game disintegrated. I fell so hard that it left grass stains on my face. LOL! Suddenly and without much warning, Carrie and I found ourselves playing a game with our amazingly gifted friends, who are like pro golfers. (They even compete in tournaments!) Our kind friends exhibited various fruits of the Spirit as Carrie and I bore some bad fruit: in the rough, in the tree, etc.

So...Do I still love golf even when golf hates me?

Yes!! To be out in the beauty of God's creation and get away from it all can really help a stressed-out person feel sane again. In fact, if I had time, I'd be on the course now! :)

May God bless our friends, the Bunch's, for golfing with Carrie and me! Wow, they deserve a trophy bigger than any tournament's award!

Have a super, blessed day, everyone!
Stacie Ruth

No comments: