Sunday, August 10, 2008

Golf: Girls Only...Lads Forbidden (Just kidding!)

"Gentlemen Only. Ladies Forbidden." When someone mentions that old adage about golf, I automatically think of my version of it: "Girls Only. Lads Forbidden." (Hey, I don't go around calling guys "lads," but I couldn't think of anything better... And I think guys should play all the time, too! I'm not forbidding anybody from the great joys of golf.)

Admission: I love to golf. I'm a golfing girl. So I think of silly things like the aforementioned. Anyway, I grew up next to a golf course and even had a lemonade stand for the golfers. Lots of golfers smiled and shelled out some coins for my lemonade. I charged 10 measly little cents. (Man, I wish I'd charged more! I was way under. LOL. Now in my early twenties, I realize that some probably added a little something extra to the lemonade once they climbed into their liquor-loaded carts!)

I thrill to see an ivory ball sail over an emerald sea -even if it's only in my mind's eye. Even during the winter, I envision my next round and everything's perfect: the weather, the shots, the everything. Then, when I finally make it out to the course, I hit the ball and reality simultaneously. LOL!

Since I travel tons to speak, sing, and be on TV and then write a lot when home, I rarely hold my happy little golf clubs. They miss me and I miss them. (Oh, stop... You don't have to weep for me! I will golf again! lol) Now….I have good news: After an entire thirteen golfless days (how I made it, I don't know!), I will soon golf again. (Cheering ensues. I leap up from my desk chair and squeal. Well, in my mind, anyway. After all, I don't want to be a weirdo.)

Anyone else golf? Let me know. If I'm in your city and if you have extra clubs, let's golf together sometime. You'll be better than I (almost anyone is!) so I'll boost your ego. Sound good?

TTYL!
-Stacie Ruth

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi Stacie! Jeremy and I love golfing! We can't afford, nor do we have time, to go as often as we might like...but we enjoy it never the less. Whenever we go home (to Storm Lake) we always golf at West Links in Alta; it's our favorite. If you're ever in the Des Moines area give me a call! I'll Facebook you my number. :)