Thursday, August 28, 2008

When coffee perks, so do I! :o)

I think the coffee bean supersedes the magic of Jack's bean. (You know Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk?) Yes, I really love that little bean.

Okay, so I'm addicted to coffee. I admit it. (I even wrote an article including my passion for the bean: http://www.cbn.com/family/youth/stoelting_mornings.aspx.)

Right now, I am in love with caribou. Caribou Coffee, that is. It's a Midwest thing. But it's catching on and spreading faster than a coffee spill. It's silly, but I even plunked down $10.99 for a special bag of Caribou Coffee whole beans. What a treat! But I sorta feel guilty about it now.... (Shhhh. Don't spread it around, ok?)

Any-who, since I travel lots, I've seen my share of coffee pots... (That rhymed, didn't it? LOL) Hotels serve some of the worst coffee and some of the best. When I speak/sing at events, I sample coffee and silently critique it.


"Too weak..." usually passes through my mind. I don't show it if I dislike it, but I certainly know it. (You'll know it when I don't hang around the coffee. Nor do I politely flag down a sweet waitress for refills.)

Recently, I tried some coffee with some friends of mine. (Hey, Ariel and Dana, you know what I'm talking about!) Anyway, the friends were great but the coffee stank. Yes, it looked like coffee but tasted like hot water. What a farce! I'm considering a lawsuit. LOL!!

Here's a picture of my drinking some bad, bad coffee. I look so pathetic and pale... (Violin playing in background...)



Here's what I look like after some good coffee! :) See the color is back? Hmmm-ummm-hmmm! Happy, happy! :)


Now, any unabashed coffee connoisseurs? If so, how do you like your coffee? I like it sweet and creamy…as though you needed to know that. ;)


God bless!!
Stacie Ruth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this post is funny!!!!

I'm not a coffee person, but definitely a caffeine person. My drink is Pepsi. Diet or regular, doesn't matter, hook up an IV baby...

But, I drink it from a coffee cup sometimes, does that make a difference??? LOL

Carrie said...

Stacie, this is incredibly silly! (also incredibly true!) I'm not quite my cheerful self until I've had that first cup. Funny thing, though...I got used to the cheap stuff Walmart gives it's employees, so now I'm not too keen on the more expensive stuff Forcht bank has in its lounge! Cute pictures by the way! :)

Unknown said...

You're right...I know exactly what you're talking about! (Loved the shout-out in your blog, btw) :)
I was there when you had that nasty "coffee" that didn't even look like coffee! Hope that all the coffee you've had since then has BEAN (hahaha) good!!